Sorry, this entry is only available in Thai.
Antibiotics are drugs used to treat and prevent bacterial infection. When used correctly, they can kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause the problem. Such as ear infections, Stomach problems, skin problems. Different Antibiotics reacted to different types of bacteria and parasites. Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics depending on the pathogen (Bacteria or parasites) that cause the infection itself. However, antibiotics do not work against infections caused by viruses such as colds, flu, coughs, and sore throats. It also does not apply to cases of fungal infections.
Antibiotics have become the medicine that the doctor most prescribed to patients in the present. Too much antibiotics are harmful to patients because it can cause resistance to it. Moreover, the excessive use of antibiotics killing good bacteria that live in the intestines and causing side effects such as diarrhea and nausea.
However, in order to reduce hazards mentioned above it is recommended to use antibiotics that come from natural. Many foods acts as a natural antibiotic and effective for treatment of many health problems. In addition, most of the natural antibiotics can treat viral infections and fungus. It also does not destroy the good bacteria in the body.
These natural antibiotics alone may not be sufficient to treat serious infectious diseases. So for diseases caused by serious infections such as tuberculosis and typhoid, the best way is to use these natural antibiotics in the treatment with antibiotics generally prescribed by the doctors together. Make sure you eat at doses as prescribed otherwise it may lead to the growth of drug-resistant bacteria and cause the resulting illness more severe.
Here are the top 5 natural antibiotic.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that helps to fight viruses and fungi. The study, published in the journal Microbes and Infection in 2009 found that sulfur compound called allicin in garlic which is a active ingredient. In addition, garlic also contains vitamins Nutrients and minerals that are beneficial to the body as a whole.
How to apply
- Eat 2-3 cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach or use it for cooking.
- Eating garlic supplements also help prevent germs and diseases as well. Be sure to consult your doctor before taking supplements.
Honey is one of the best natural antibiotic which has anti-inflammatory. The American Chemical Society in 2014, the study found that honey has the ability to fight infections on many levels which makes the difficulty for bacteria to develop resistance to it. The perfect combination of hydrogen peroxide concentration of sugar, acidity and polyphenols make honey kills bacteria cells. To get the highest resistance to infection of honey, most often use natural or organic honey. Manuka Honey is also a great option and have been found useful in the treatment of wounds caused by pus.
How to apply
- To strengthen your immune system drinking honey and cinnamon in equal amounts once a day.
- Put the honey in a bowl making smoothies or mixing it in juice is another good way to keep healthy.
3. Oregano oil
A study conducted in 2001 by Georgetown University Medical Center has shown that oregano oil may be effective against bacteria that cause drug resistance. Carvacrol, a chemical ingredient in oregano oil that reduces infection effectively was commonly used in ancient times.
It also contains an antioxidant, anti-virus, fungal, anti-inflammatory, Anti-parasitic, and analgesic as well.
How to apply
- For the treatment of foot or nail infections, add 2-3 teaspoons oregano oil into a basin filled with warm water. After the bath, soaking your feet about 2-3 minutes every day for a week.
- For sinusitis and other upper respiratory tract infections, put 2-3 drops of oregano oil into a pot of boiling water and inhale its steam. Do this once a day until the infection is gone.
4. Olive oil extract
Antibiotic natural olive leaf extract can treat bacterial infections. A study in the year 2547 are published in the journal Mycoses observed that olive leaves have good antimicrobial potential against bacteria and fungi. In addition, olive leaf extract has anti-inflammatory properties. And antioxidants, too
How to apply
- You can extract from olive leaves used outside the home. Put a handful of chopped fresh olive leaves in a glass jar with a lid. Pour vodka to flood Cover and store in the dark for 4-5 weeks after that, it will filter out the white cloth. Just as you would have homemade olive leaf extract available.
- Another option is to eat the olive leaf extract in supplement form 250-500 mg per capsule. Twice daily routine But should consult a physician before use.
In Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine. Given that the antibiotic properties of turmeric has been used to help destroy the bacteria that cause the disease and enhance the body’s natural defenses. It also helps prevent bacterial infection in wounds as well. The findings were published in the journal Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy in 2552 stated that the antimicrobial activity of curcumin to the bacteria that cause stomach showed positive results. The Kerr-Q Min is the active ingredient in turmeric.
How to apply
- Mix turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon honey 5-6 tablespoons stored in airtight jars eat ½ teaspoon twice a day
- You can also take supplements Turmeric 400-600 mg twice daily. But should consult a physician before use.
- Turmeric extract QiMin ready drink 2-3 bottles or Curma-c 1-2 sachets per day.
There have been people asking how much turmeric is eating to see the results. It’s hard to tell exactly how much to eat. That is difficult because each person’s life style is different. Some people like to eat a grill food, some people take good care of their health. Moreover turmeric can be consumed in many ways: Eat fresh turmeric with chili paste, Eat turmeric powdered capsules or with various curries, or even extracted turmeric. Based on these factors, the answer for how much turmeric could we have to take effect is very difficult. I think there will not be anyone able to provide the answer. But, of course, we should know what is the amount we can consume per day.
The amount of turmeric that can be eaten per day depends on the purpose of eating, which is to eat to protect, or to heal and how to eat. Because turmeric is usually not soluble in water, but it can be dissolved in fat, so turmeric is excreted from the body before the body can absorb it. Turmeric in the form of consumption of the principal as mentioned above, but one more form is the extraction of turmeric to dissolve the water to the body to absorb important substances better.
From googling information, there are reliable institutions where research is conducted and test. How to eat that should be as follows:
Information of the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- Fresh cut turmeric, such as with chili paste or salad: 1.5 – 3 grams per day.
- Turmeric dried turmeric powder: 1 – 3 times a day.
- Supplements in powder form (Curcumin): 400 – 600 mg 3 times a day.
For my own experience I eat soluble turmeric extract which has no pungent smell for 3 years already. I mixed it 1 teaspoon (about 5 grams) with 500ml of water. Drink regularly. There are no side effects except to feel healthier. As can be seen from the disease as it was not long ago, symptoms like sputum in the neck all the time disappear, drinking alcoholic beverages does not feel like a hangover, etc. Whatever kind of turmeric you eat, please just eat it. Have a good health experience and then let’s discuss later.
Benefits of Curcuminoid in turmeric
- Reduce your chances of getting cancer.
Free Radical is one of the causes of cancer, especially skin cancer and colon cancer. At the very least Curcuminoid contains anti-oxidant 50 times more than vitamin E, which helps to reduce chances of getting cancer
Chemicals and pesticides such as DDT (Dichlorodiphenyltruchioroethane) and Dioxin are another cause of cancer. With Curcuminoid protection, these chemicals will difficultly enter to our bodies
- Increase efficiency of cancer treatment, especially on a patient who receives chemotherapy treatment by protecting the good cells and increasing the efficiency of the treatment
- Keep the skin healthy and prevent skin diseases, especially the ringworm disease caused from fungal
- Prevent Hepatitis caused from toxins by naturally detoxifying the liver. Since the liver is a source of many enzymes, this process indirectly helps to reduce colic
- Help digestion process by dispersing the bile
- Reduce high cholesterol and increase fat burn
- Prevent Alzheimer’s by inhibiting the formation of the enzyme, acetyl-cholinesterase, which destructs brain cells
- Reduce Anti-inflammatory which is one cause of heart disease
Huge Benefits / Less popularity
Why people do not eat Turmeric, even when they know it has huge benefits. This might be because of its strong smell before, during, and after consumed, cleanliness, as well as low bioavailability (Normally Curcuminoid can only dilute in fat). To get the most effect of Tumeric, it must be consumed in large quantities.
One way to improve bioavailability is by making a water soluble Curcuminoid.
- Shishodia, S., et al. “Curcumin: Getting Back to the Roots,” N.Y. Acad. Sci.: 1056, 206-217, 2005.
- Bharat, B.A., et al. “Curcumin–Biological and Medicinal Properties,” Turmeric: The genus Curcuma; Medicinal and aromatic plants–industrial profiles, edited by Ravindran, P.N., et al. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 2007.
- Kotwal, G.J., et al. Natural Products and Molecular Therapy, First International Conference. New York, NY: Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, Vol. 1056, 2005.
- Anand, P., et al. “Bioavailability of Curcumin: Problems and Promises,” Pharmaceutics: 2007, 4(6), pp. 807-818: www.pubs.acs.org/doi/~. (Cytokine Research Laboratory and Pharmaceutical Development Center, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas.)
- a b Shoba G; Joy D; Joseph T; Majeed M; Rajendran R; Srinivas PS (May 1998). “Influence of piperine on the pharmacokinetics of curcumin in animals and human volunteers”. Planta Med 64 (4): 353–6. doi:10.1055/s-2006-957450. PMID 9619120
- KHOPDE, S.M., K.I. PRIYADARSINI, P. VENKATESAN, etal. 1999. Free radical scavenging ability and antioxidant efficiency of curcumin and its substituted analogue. Biophysics. Chemical. 80: 85-91
- Cronin, J.R. “Curcumin: Old spice is a new medicine.” Journal of Alternative & Complementary Therapies: Feb. 2003, pp. 34-38.
- Sarker, S.D., et al. “Bioactivity of Turmeric,” Turmeric: The genus Curcuma; Medicinal and aromatic plants–industrial profiles, edited by Ravindran, P.N., et al. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 2007.
- Cheng, A.L., et al. “Phase I clinical trial of curcumin, a chemoprotective agent, in patients with high-risk or pre-malignant lesions. Anti-cancer Res. 2001; July-Aug 21:2895-2900: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11712783?dopt=Abstract
If you ask 100 peoples of Thais whether they know “Turmeric” or not, they will all say “Yes”, but if you continue asking what benefits of “Turmeric” are, less than 20 peoples can answer. This is a shame.
Due to many benefits of the active ingredient in turmeric, called “Curcuminoid”, “Turmeric” has been registered as a Thailand National List of Essential Medicines. Not only Thailand, but also other countries such as America, England, and Japan see wide variety benefits of Turmeric. This is because these countries notice that the rate of American patients with cancer is increasing a lot every year whist Indians who consume fat foods have a very low rate of patients with cancer. The difference is almost all of Indian food always has “turmeric” as a main ingredient.
1/4 teaspoon of Tumeric powder
1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
1 teaspoon of mashed avocado
1. Remove all your makeup and wash your face with warm water to open your pores.
2. Mix all the ingredients and apply it gently onto your face in circular motion.
3. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and wash your face with cold water.
4. Gently use a fluffy towel to dry your face.
Do it once a week for radiant skin.
Natural tips to relieve mosquito bites: #Naturaltips4kids #Mosquitobiterelieve #healthykids
– Rubbing the bitten area with inside of banana peel.
– Applying lemon slice on the bitten area.
– Removing a pain from insect bites with a slice of onion.
– Applying a paste of baking soda and water on the area.
Thanks for the information and pictures from:
- Whole grain – eating whole grain rich in fiber lower your chance of developing diabetes.
- Fish – Omega-3 fatty acid in fatty fish offer many anti aging benefits. They help protect your heart, lower your odds of having a stroke, and may even help guard against Alzheimer’s disease. Help yourself with 2 serving a week of fatty fish, salmon, lake trout, or tuna
- Diary – the calcium and fortified vitamin D in diary food are crucial to strong bones. They help prevent Osteoporosis, for instance, include 3 cups of low-fat milk, yogurt, or other a dairy products a day. If you don’t eat dairy products, look for other foods like soy milk, almond milk, or cereal that are fortified with calcium and Vitamin D.
- Nuts – the fat in nuts are among the healthiest you can find. If you avoid nuts because they’re high in fat, think again. In fact, one study show that snacking on nuts cut the risk of high blood pressure and high cholesterol by 20%. You only need to eat 1/4 of an ounce a day to get benefits – that’s about 4 almonds.
Starting your day with drinking squeezed lemon or lime in warm water
Drinking a glass of water mixed with freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice provides a number of benefits for the body. If you don’t like sour taste, just sprinkle Tumeric into your drink and it will help smoothen the taste and increase health benefits.
Listed below are the best reasons to jump start your day with this habit.
1. Promotes skin repair. The acid from the lemon juice contain concentrated levels of antioxidants, which help flush out toxins and free radicals from the body. Vitamin C in it also promotes the production of collagen, which is a type of protein that is responsible for the skin’s elasticity.
2. Detoxifies the liver. Imagine being able to reboot your liver function, thereby allowing it to remove toxins at an optimal level as if it is a brand new organ that is untainted by unhealthy eating habits and excessive consumption of alcohol and/or fat.
3. Promotes faster healing and regeneration. Vitamin C happens to be one of the most important components in cell regeneration, which is a necessary step in keeping the body healthy. A healthy supply of vitamin C ensures stronger bones and teeth, healthier skin, better eyesight, and better joints.
4. Improves overall health and wellbeing. Lemon juice simply brings countless health benefits, such as lowered cholesterol levels, normalized blood pressure, reduced blood sugar level, and improved blood flow. In addition, it also helps avoid depression and anxiety so your mental health can benefit from the daily lemon water routine as well.