Antibiotics are drugs used to treat and prevent bacterial infection. When used correctly, they can kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria that cause the problem. Such as ear infections, Stomach problems, skin problems. Different Antibiotics reacted to different types of bacteria and parasites. Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics depending on the pathogen (Bacteria or parasites) that cause the infection itself. However, antibiotics do not work against infections caused by viruses such as colds, flu, coughs, and sore throats. It also does not apply to cases of fungal infections.
Antibiotics have become the medicine that the doctor most prescribed to patients in the present. Too much antibiotics are harmful to patients because it can cause resistance to it. Moreover, the excessive use of antibiotics killing good bacteria that live in the intestines and causing side effects such as diarrhea and nausea.
However, in order to reduce hazards mentioned above it is recommended to use antibiotics that come from natural. Many foods acts as a natural antibiotic and effective for treatment of many health problems. In addition, most of the natural antibiotics can treat viral infections and fungus. It also does not destroy the good bacteria in the body.
These natural antibiotics alone may not be sufficient to treat serious infectious diseases. So for diseases caused by serious infections such as tuberculosis and typhoid, the best way is to use these natural antibiotics in the treatment with antibiotics generally prescribed by the doctors together. Make sure you eat at doses as prescribed otherwise it may lead to the growth of drug-resistant bacteria and cause the resulting illness more severe.
Here are the top 5 natural antibiotic.
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that helps to fight viruses and fungi. The study, published in the journal Microbes and Infection in 2009 found that sulfur compound called allicin in garlic which is a active ingredient. In addition, garlic also contains vitamins Nutrients and minerals that are beneficial to the body as a whole.
How to apply
- Eat 2-3 cloves of raw garlic on an empty stomach or use it for cooking.
- Eating garlic supplements also help prevent germs and diseases as well. Be sure to consult your doctor before taking supplements.
Honey is one of the best natural antibiotic which has anti-inflammatory. The American Chemical Society in 2014, the study found that honey has the ability to fight infections on many levels which makes the difficulty for bacteria to develop resistance to it. The perfect combination of hydrogen peroxide concentration of sugar, acidity and polyphenols make honey kills bacteria cells. To get the highest resistance to infection of honey, most often use natural or organic honey. Manuka Honey is also a great option and have been found useful in the treatment of wounds caused by pus.
How to apply
- To strengthen your immune system drinking honey and cinnamon in equal amounts once a day.
- Put the honey in a bowl making smoothies or mixing it in juice is another good way to keep healthy.
3. Oregano oil
A study conducted in 2001 by Georgetown University Medical Center has shown that oregano oil may be effective against bacteria that cause drug resistance. Carvacrol, a chemical ingredient in oregano oil that reduces infection effectively was commonly used in ancient times.
It also contains an antioxidant, anti-virus, fungal, anti-inflammatory, Anti-parasitic, and analgesic as well.
How to apply
- For the treatment of foot or nail infections, add 2-3 teaspoons oregano oil into a basin filled with warm water. After the bath, soaking your feet about 2-3 minutes every day for a week.
- For sinusitis and other upper respiratory tract infections, put 2-3 drops of oregano oil into a pot of boiling water and inhale its steam. Do this once a day until the infection is gone.
4. Olive oil extract
Antibiotic natural olive leaf extract can treat bacterial infections. A study in the year 2547 are published in the journal Mycoses observed that olive leaves have good antimicrobial potential against bacteria and fungi. In addition, olive leaf extract has anti-inflammatory properties. And antioxidants, too
How to apply
- You can extract from olive leaves used outside the home. Put a handful of chopped fresh olive leaves in a glass jar with a lid. Pour vodka to flood Cover and store in the dark for 4-5 weeks after that, it will filter out the white cloth. Just as you would have homemade olive leaf extract available.
- Another option is to eat the olive leaf extract in supplement form 250-500 mg per capsule. Twice daily routine But should consult a physician before use.
In Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine. Given that the antibiotic properties of turmeric has been used to help destroy the bacteria that cause the disease and enhance the body’s natural defenses. It also helps prevent bacterial infection in wounds as well. The findings were published in the journal Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy in 2552 stated that the antimicrobial activity of curcumin to the bacteria that cause stomach showed positive results. The Kerr-Q Min is the active ingredient in turmeric.
How to apply
- Mix turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon honey 5-6 tablespoons stored in airtight jars eat ½ teaspoon twice a day
- You can also take supplements Turmeric 400-600 mg twice daily. But should consult a physician before use.
- Turmeric extract QiMin ready drink 2-3 bottles or Curma-c 1-2 sachets per day.